<BGSOUND LOOP='1' SRC='http://www.fittie.eclipse.co.uk/music/acdciywb.mp3'> </BGSOUND> If You Want Blood - Youve Got It!: sensible isolation or lab rat?

Friday 13 March 2009

sensible isolation or lab rat?

Well I seem to be doing OK at the moment. But this IVAC treatment IS stronger than I gave credit for in the earlier cycle. Maybe i didnt notice it so much spliced between two methotraxate doses. So I am getting plent of rest.
Had a couple of bags of red blood yesterday which has brought me back to a respectable 96, and platelets are hanging on in the 20s, so may be able to last out without more transfusions.

However, I am now located back in the "room of four", and yesterday there was an odd turn up. An influenza outbbreak viral lock down was instigated on this room and two others following processing of a viral swab from a different patient, quite a few days before. What this means to me is that I am stuck in this room 24-7 with others who are all starting to cough away, and getting worse by the sounds of it. So I am trying to work out why I am HERE instead of breathing pure Fittie air. I feel like I have been recalled in while I am neutrapenic to take part in some madcap MOD experiment - how can this be the best solution for ME?
(ok, well I have a very patient doc and he's now convinced me its better to stay put. So I will!)

So this is me hanging in there, perhaps with a cold, for a few days more until the white cell come back. I hope they are back and put in a better appearance than we may expect from the other Whites on Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Holy shitingly shite shity shit thing buddy!!! Experiencing the most radical life experiences is all very well but this is really going for it!! Holy crap. Beating leukemia has to be even more tricky than looping the board..... Luckily you are the right man with the dedication to manage both. Well and truly behind you in this. Keep your pecker up. Will come up for a visit asap. Brotherly hug, Dunc.

    ReplyDelete

 
free web counter