<BGSOUND LOOP='1' SRC='http://www.fittie.eclipse.co.uk/music/acdciywb.mp3'> </BGSOUND> If You Want Blood - Youve Got It!: Buckets of chemo, bacon and eggs!

Saturday 7 March 2009

Buckets of chemo, bacon and eggs!

Tuesday. Great to wake up at home again. Had enough time to make a hearty breakfast before heading back to the hospital.
Today there were no problems, treatment started with the rat poison - (Rubitoximab!).
It feels brilliant to be on the last treatment, all pain from previous treatments fades away, to material fit only for a few anecdotes over a brew, that is when I am ready to sit in a pub!
After the chemo I was briefly disconnectd from the "IV tubes", so Michelle and I were able to go to the canteen. We both had chips and tea - a very cheap date! Came back just in time to catch Dave, cheers buddy for coming in!

Wednesday. Now in the middle of final (hopefully) round 4 chemo, today and tomorow is 14 hours of chemo, starts 11 am finishes at 3 am. Then 3 days of 2-3 hours, then an injection to spine on day 6 (not normally as bad as it sounds) and thats it, then just wait for white cell drop and then recovery. Could have a fair bit of time recovering at home if i am very lucky.

It really feels like buckets of chemo are being poured down me, amounts to about 10 grams a day! Does feel tough, very tiring and a strange set of sensations, but reduces tomorrow.
So althugh this session is heavy at the moment, its not as bad as Methotrexate!

Thursday. Woke up in the night with a coughing fit. That got me panicing as my good friend sharing my room is here precisely because he has a chest infection! Nurses calmed it down with good ol cough medicine and docs are nae too concerned, so neither am I.

Friday. Chemo seems to have switched my guts back into turmoil. Lots of visitors today, great fun, but by mid evening the same as last week, totalyl knackered!

Saturday. Still sleeping poorly, more resting than sleeping. I got up early and managed a little stair climbing: bungee style 4 up 4 down! Great surprise today, the kitchen delivered me a cooked breakfast - bacon, sausages and "egg" (dont ask what!). Very tasty! Was a massive palava, but the dietician has recomended extra food so who am i to turn down cooked breakfasts! I'll definitey try ordering that again. Am also ordering sandwiches and milk as extras so maybe I'll be looking Cartman like quite soon!
Pretty mellow day so far. Hoping for a good night.
Catch you all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
free web counter