<BGSOUND LOOP='1' SRC='http://www.fittie.eclipse.co.uk/music/acdciywb.mp3'> </BGSOUND> If You Want Blood - Youve Got It!: cooking with gas - scorchio!

Tuesday 17 March 2009

cooking with gas - scorchio!

This title refers to me, not the hospital food. I am managing to sleep in fit ful bursts, but temp feels so high overnight I just didnt want to move. So I had to force myself every so often to sit up and drink. This morning (6am) it is 39.6c, the docs are now changing my antibiotic therapy to the "second line option".
only possible good news is that there was a glimmer of activity from the neutraphils yesterday 0.1, so maybe they will now start recovery - i'll know more later.
in the meantime I need to concentrate on breathing stready so I dont chough my lungs out.
bahhhh not how I hoped to finish my therapy!

11am update: Well being lying still sweating away half asleep, for about 4 hours, and my temp has dropped to 37.7! The cough feels different too. So maybe have turned the corner - and maybe todays bloods will show I have some wee friends back again. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Probably the hottest anyone has ever been in Aberdeen! Here's hoping you are feeling a bit better. Dunc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marty,

    Seems like ye've had a rough few days. Stick in min, freedom at Fittie beckons!!
    Fraz

    ReplyDelete

 
free web counter