<BGSOUND LOOP='1' SRC='http://www.fittie.eclipse.co.uk/music/acdciywb.mp3'> </BGSOUND> If You Want Blood - Youve Got It!: The Great Escape!

Thursday 19 March 2009

The Great Escape!

Thursday.
Over the last few days i have been contemplating many ideas of escape from my cell block. Option one, get hold of enough bed sheets for a rope, but left tool kit at home so not sure how I'd get through the window lock (still could ask Michelle to bring it back in). Second idea, leave disguised as a visitor, they are so used to seeing me in my stripped or tartan jammies that a good suit and hat might do the trick, and I could just walk of the ward. Third option, and you have to have this one, dig a tunnel. I like this one especially as I can hear diggers next to this block of the hospital, so maybe they could be bribed to assist, and if not their noise would be my cover. I have started collecting spoons and bags. Of course there is a fourth option, get release papers. I plan this one by becoming so healthy the doctors give in to my demands and let me out!

Before I had had a chance to work out the weakest bit of the floor to start the tunnel that is what happened. My counts were up to 2.5 on Wednesday, and my temperature has stayed down overnight. By the way last night I had Michelle bring me in a thermometer, lidl of course but digital, so I could ease my fever paranoia. Every time I got stressed and feared I was becoming Pyrexic, i.e. high temp, I checked it was still low and so relaxed again.

So this morning with the Docs it was all change to the treatment regime, "as long as today's counts show no nasties, then your off the antibiotics, and out of the door, no need to come back until next week!"

Oohh kaay, cancel the tunnel, return the spoons to the canteen, and lets wait for the blood result. Which came back late afternoon showing the army had been busy: platelets 85, neutraphils 4 point something, and the rest was "fine". Aff ya go laddie!

Brilliant so that's what happened, and I am on pass for now pending blood tests and further bone marrow tests, until next Thursday, touch wood assuming I stay healthy, I am not going to be at the hospital. A WHOLE WEEK OF FREEDOM!

So I left the hospital late afternoon. Back home I still feeling pretty shaken by the experience - I really don't recommend being locked in a room for a week, especially if you are immuno-deficient and then fed viruses. I was definitely still in battle mode for the rest of the night, but Grrrrrrreat to be home, ahhhh.

THANK YOU!
BIG thank you to everyone who has been visiting and sending messages of support this last week, and of course all previous weeks. I hope you'll forgive me if you haven't had a personal response. I had been checking emails, facebook, and the blog comments but then switching back into a lifeless bed bug/slug! Your support has been a great support and very often lift me at just the right time when stuff is getting me down, so thanks and thanks again! :)

I also found some messages on Patient Line yesterday too, (hi simon, James, cuznic and Jack!). Sorry I should have told you all - I've stopped using the evil PatientWhine phone system. Totally dude.

I am now at home. If your up for a chat, please now call/txt me on my mobile, skype, home number, or email me if you need any of those.

One maer time so were affa fine....
Dinne call me PATIENT LINE!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Martin,

    I am glad to connect to your blogspot on your first day at home after the great escape. I am sure the wind is blowing stronger today out there and the waves are getting higher.
    Keep taming them my friend.....

    Yiannis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martin,

    Glad your back home again. Sounds like a rough week (which is saying something given what you've been through recently). Glad you didn't go for the tunnel, I get lost just walking round the ARI corridors, never mind trying to dig underneath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a great escape.

    Kyren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news, and a lot more dignified than shaking dirt down your jim-jams!
    Dunc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Stuff Martin, am also pleased to find Steve McQueen has left the cooler for a while.

    Keep blogging mate, we'll all keep reading and thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

 
free web counter