<BGSOUND LOOP='1' SRC='http://www.fittie.eclipse.co.uk/music/acdciywb.mp3'> </BGSOUND> If You Want Blood - Youve Got It!: prisoner cell block 6

Wednesday 18 March 2009

prisoner cell block 6

Things are looking up today! Had no temperature since yesterday morning, and my white neutraphil cells were up yesterday to 0.5 (not enough, but a great start to recovery), and whatever this chest infection has been it seems to be moving on. So all that remains is to persuade the docs to get me outta here as soon as possible before I catch the next admission's ripe disease. I'd also like to be off the antibiotics too because there is a lot of c-diff about in both the hospital and the ward, and the broad spectrum antibiotics make you very susceptible to it.

Meanwhile, myself and my two room mates, are still prisoners to the infection control team's "protocol", which incidentally we have not seen or had any patient information sheet on - (I will be seeking answers about this!). We are STILL not allowed outside our room except once a day for a bath. Our room seems to have become our prison cell!

Anyway the good news is I am feeling pretty healthy again, and itching to return to Fittie.
After seemingly days of lying flat on my back semi-sleeping, sweating, or lying still trying to avoid another coughing fit, I now feel like I have some energy again. That normally means bad news for the ward staff, but they cunningly have me hemmed in, so I can't run amuck causing trouble today! I guess I will do a load more reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
free web counter