<BGSOUND LOOP='1' SRC='http://www.fittie.eclipse.co.uk/music/acdciywb.mp3'> </BGSOUND> If You Want Blood - Youve Got It!: Instant man flu, just add water....

Saturday 17 January 2009

Instant man flu, just add water....

Friday. Back at the ward 9:30 and strangely enthusiastic to crack into my next treatment. Wasn't to be disappointed as it started two hours later. My enthusiasm dwindled as this nasty piece of chemo rapidly irritated my nose and eyes and generally bought on serious (man) flu like symptoms. I think though we are doomed as blokes that any flu or cold will be scalded "man flu" and never taken serious by the fairer half!

Anyway, if any of you want instant access to man flu, this IV packet was very effective!
Treatment lasted about 5 hours, in 30 min slots, as vital signs needed constant supervision. Apart from the flu unpleasantness all seemed to go to plan.

This session is very different to the first, a new set of artillery. Heavier and faster. The chemo is over only 7 days, but is a larger total dosage than in the first session. For instance, one drug i had 2x 70mg of in round one, I now have 4x 3500mg this time!!! (erm thats 100 times, ulp!)

Saturday. Great night sleep, with a little help from a pill (!). And mostly the flu symptoms have passed. That was weird having fake flu! No less than 5 treatments planned for today. Its now 11 pm and we are through 6 hours of them with 4 hours to go. All in all theres nothing like chemo to keep you occupied.

I think I am and must be in good spirits today, as I've just penned a letter to the head of catering! It is requesting action on a whole series of dodgy and I'd have thought unacceptable food hygene incidents. Which is even more frustrating on the grounds that my family are not allowed to bring home cooked food in which would be prepared with far more care!

Heres hoping the magic sleepy pill does its trick and I barely notice the nights activities!
see you tomorrow!
Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
free web counter