<BGSOUND LOOP='1' SRC='http://www.fittie.eclipse.co.uk/music/acdciywb.mp3'> </BGSOUND> If You Want Blood - Youve Got It!: I'm going home!

Tuesday 13 January 2009

I'm going home!

Tuesday, Day 26. Mouth is healing now to the extent I can manage to eat pineaple, just. I am told it will speed recovery of the mouth. It better, as it hurts!
Hoping the docs today will answer the Q about home and next treatment phase. I am thinking the next treatment will start at the latest on monday, but maybe as soon as the end of this week. The gut infection seems to be responding to the stopping of the other antibiotics. So I may be well enough to get released today or soon for a brief break.

I should explain to you all where I am at with treatment. The return of the neutraphils, my white cell army I call them, is very important. This is because it restores the immune system, heals damaged tissue, and shows that the good white cell stem cells were not destroyed by the cancer or chemo. But I am not out of the woods, by any means yet, the Leukemia will almost certainly still be there in the bones, but now in reduced numbers. That is the reason for the 4 phases of treatment. The next phase is a chemo combination known as IVAC-R (the first phase was CODOXM, Theres some papers on the web it you are so inclined: Mead 2002 ; Mead 2008)

Update: Just saw the docs, OMG I am in shock! I was right, treatment will likely start on monday and beter than that ......I am going home today!!!

Hope I can remember how the outside world works. You need money right? And you dont have to eat hospital food. Oh yeah sounds real good :)))

Adios and A luego ward 16. See you Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. Thats brilliant mate, i'll pop round at some time later, was going to hospital but managed to check your blog first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news, bet you can't wait to have some days back home emjoying some real food before you go back. Hopefully see you down at Fittie this week. Love the Todds

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome home :) :) :) amazing news. we'll keep clear, i'm sure something in Tom's nappy would be classed as a bio hazard. Tom's loving the ACDC. Have fun and be good - stay off the roof :)
    elizabeth, aly and tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s Tom still has rockstar hair

    ReplyDelete

 
free web counter