<BGSOUND LOOP='1' SRC='http://www.fittie.eclipse.co.uk/music/acdciywb.mp3'> </BGSOUND> If You Want Blood - Youve Got It!: Home for R&R

Thursday 15 January 2009

Home for R&R

Hi everyone!

I am home at last. I wasnt sure if it would feel wierd after all that has happened, but no chance it is great!
Having heaps of wonderful home cooked food which is good as i lost over a stone in the last 2 weeks. But the only disappointment has been discovering that I can not taste wine at all! Tastes of raw alcohol! Still if my taste buds remain like this i will be much cheaper! Beer is not too bad.

Yesterday was up at dawn walking round the village and going to the beach with my tea. Buttons followed me, he was very very funny. As you can see he followed me to the sea wall and we studied the waves (or was it dogs and seagulls) together!

I wanted to go surfing as the waves looked great. But that idea I banned because of the Hickman line into my chest. Lucky decision I think as am now aware I'd have have run out of energy in my first tumble! All the enthusiasm but Nae stamina!

So its great to be home, drink tea on the beach, and generally chill. It is so quiet compared to hospital at night. Particularly nice to be away fromt he constant hum from the patient line machine. I wonder if it might accidentally "fall" off the wall.....

My mouth still improving but not better. same down below. Well back to "chemo college" tommorrow. So no time to hang about here!

Martin

4 comments:

  1. Hey thats just fantastic! So glad you made it out. Are you avoiding the human race or can Finn and I pop round for a cup of tea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you managed to get out and walk along the beach, it was lovely yesterday. I tend to walk along the beach everyday. I've been desperate to pop round and say hello, Aly was late home last night. i'll try and pop round tonight. If all goes to plan see you later. Enjoy all the home cooked food and buttons cuddles. Do you thing they would allow Button's in for visiting since he is a hospital cat, or is his pass just for Woodend...

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear that you're out and about Martin (and as articulate as ever) :-)
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gawd Marty

    Have just read the whole lot! It made me miss the Flight of the Conchords Special! :)
    Shocking events, amazingly told. Glad to see there's good news this week. What incredible spirit you've shown. Keep the army happy.
    Roms

    ReplyDelete

 
free web counter