<BGSOUND LOOP='1' SRC='http://www.fittie.eclipse.co.uk/music/acdciywb.mp3'> </BGSOUND> If You Want Blood - Youve Got It!: hangovers without the fun

Friday 6 February 2009

hangovers without the fun

I am not referring to my time at home. That time was very nice, thank you very much. Although this trip home I DID find I was not entirely toxic to the odd glass of beer or nip, which for me is very encouraging (although one friend wondered why I was bothered???!). But still couldn't go enough to make a dent on my body that would all to my toxicity.

Nope this section is about chemo again. After a few nights at home, I was being prepped Monday (blood test) and Tuesday (kidney test) for the next session. Although I could stilll go home after, all the tests were first thing so no lazy lyin which I'd been hoping for!

No messing, cycle three of my chemo started 50 mins after I was back in the Ward on Wednesday morning. Cycle 3 is the same as cycle one but with a special bonus - it started with the mouse flu from the 2nd cycle. So in the last 3 days I have had 5 intravenous chemos and two extra into my spinal fluid. I've been checking my early entries on this blog to see if I detailed the side effects. This time round I am mainly very tired, and getting a bit frustrated with myself for being so tired while seemingly doing nothing.
My mouth is also degrading again - it is feeling dried out (like early in the first treatment) and there is already some soreness. But I'll consider this a warm up for the methotrexate grudge match in a weeks time!
Oh yes and sickness - another treat. Even hospital sprouts could not tempt me last night. But there are some good pills which reduce this.
This is all accompanied with a fair share of headaches, of which there are so many reasons, so its not a worry just a pain
All in all, particularly with the dry mouth - this adds up to what most would describe as a hogmanay hangover! (or maybe Balti hangover considering the sickness). Trouble is - where was the fun? ha ha!

But honestly this is all cool. My feelings are that I am here to be hit hard, and I actually felt a bit cheated by cycle two as I completed it relatively quickly and painlessly. I just finished Lance Armstrong's book "Its not about the Bike", and one of many things I related to was that he too was less reassured by treatents which his body took on without much pain. So I doubt cycle three will disappoint me! Hopefully I am well prepared for whatever it has in store. The main chemo continues until next friday (day 10 metho day), which means the methos big bang will hit prob hit from the 15th for a week or two.

Anyway looking forward to watching the rugby tomoro, I'll pretend it is with a real hangover, maybe get some Irn Bru in! Who ever wins it should be great and a good change from "Victorian Farm" (arrghh dont ask, the joys of sharing a ward room!).

Lastly, Hammy Congratulations!! I shall get this body in order ASAP!

Martino

3 comments:

  1. wey hey victorian farm is on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye aye Marty

    Ham told me about yer illness. Canna believe it min. I've just read yer whole blog; it's a hard journey yer on. I guess ye dinna fancy a packet of salt and vinegar crisps with that mouth of yours??
    Seriously min I've seen you argue yer case against a whole room of drunks at 635 King street (and win!) so I know yer stubborn enough tae beat this.
    Take care min, thinking of ye, Fraz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Fraz and Hammy,
    Very sorry the grapevine let you down. I guess these days its all grapes and no vine. You havent missed much yet, or at least your still in time for the Methotrexate mucus lining purge - or Alien mouth with phall bottom I call it!
    Cheers boys, ya welcome to visit any time. Make sure i have ya right email, you can use the martinsblog@fittie.eclipse.co.uk to make 1st contact!

    ReplyDelete

 
free web counter