<BGSOUND LOOP='1' SRC='http://www.fittie.eclipse.co.uk/music/acdciywb.mp3'> </BGSOUND> If You Want Blood - Youve Got It!: unplanned R&R in snowy Fittie

Thursday 12 February 2009

unplanned R&R in snowy Fittie

Generally I can report a bumper pot of relatively good health so far this week.

Over the weekend I got to watch (between chemo sessions which just happened to be scheduled around 3 :() the rugby. My neutraphil army I'd hazard put in a far superior performance than either England or Scotland managed, but sadly were not rewarded by any of the agreed junk food they had expected! (I was hoping for a food supplement of a BK or two bought in to supersize me a little before the Methotrexate kicks in). Off ward when blood healthy you can eat most things you like - on ward even non-neutralpenic, there is sufficient H&S regs to see a cold cheese burger relegated to the bin along with any hopes of a grand slam! Never mind, just remind myself I was only talking JUNK food! So who am i kidding - it wasn't going to help therapy!

I was shocked as Hammy to find England at the top table on Sunday, but for me at least it was all fun!

Added a new side effect for this round on Monday, heart pain again is back, like in the first cycle. But once checked with the docs and compared it to the round one it is prob nosobad.

As I was still pinned to the IV pump, but feeling a little more energetic, on Monday I tried "tethered" stair climbing. Basically you place iv pump at bottom of stairs, go up 6 six, come down six. Quite fun really, certainly have to use more coordination to get the height in. I see a new form for strictly dancing with IV pumps down the main central stair. Unsurprisingly i did not count, but my heart was no worse off for it and it boosted my energy for the rest of the day.

Tuesday morning and I was off the IV for first time in days. It takes ages to compensate - i still think i am connected and "bounce" i.e. stop a few feet from my bed when going to get something!
Stair climbing was easier: 46 floors in 30min ish - seems to equate to 200m. Hmm maybe Bennahie over a day would be fun before I leave........(ooops remembers physio voice saying to calm down....oh, ok, ok).

Docs decided on Tues in fact I was healthy enough that I could do the next two days as a pass patient (ie just come in for treatment), so that's what we did. Left ward Tuesday lunch, tests weds lunch, and will finally return this eve for preparation for the methotraxate round three big bang. (this bit is mentioned earlier - but my blood needs to be boosted alkaline so that the metho will not cause damage by making it too acid during treatment.)

ok, lets try some more sleep!

Martin

1 comment:

  1. Hey buddy, glad to hear your doing ok...... whats the call about 6 nations think england will do it....... I don't!! In Aberdeen next weekend you free for me to come say hi, if your not to busy??

    ReplyDelete

 
free web counter