<BGSOUND LOOP='1' SRC='http://www.fittie.eclipse.co.uk/music/acdciywb.mp3'> </BGSOUND> If You Want Blood - Youve Got It!: More Tests

Tuesday 26 May 2009

More Tests

Blood test today at 9:30. Then waited until 11:30 chatting to fellow patients until I was called for the consultation. It showed my neutraphils have dropped again from last week, from 0.7 to 0.3. So I am now officially back at neutrapenic. This is scarey stuff as it may imply relapse, although on the good side is that all my other blood results are good, and that one of my chemo drugs, Retoximab (aka rat-flu), may have caused the neutrapenia as this has been seen with some other patients. My consultant offered me a bone marrow biopsy immediately, or to come back later. I opted to go ahead, so thats now done already. We are hoping the biopsy shows nothing bad in the marrow. In the meantime I now need to keep away from infection or I'll be back in the ward anyway! Please please be the Retoximab, I'll let you know when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
free web counter